Season 12 (1995-1996)Edit
- This is the most popular season with the 1991-1996 set. A brand new globe intro was used at the beginning of this season. This time, the Jeopardy! logo in 3D gave a yellow and orange gradient with a white shadow sliding out on the Jeopardy! globe, which is light blue. The globe explodes, and the Jeopardy! logo zooms in by cutting through the "A" to reveal the 1991-1996 set. An Atlanta 1996 logo can be seen during the introductions on Olympics tournament episodes.
- On Olympics tournament episodes, the Atlanta 1996 logo appeared onscreen, followed by the Jeopardy! logo spinning around the globe, after the Atlanta 1996 logo disappeared.
- The closed captioning bug does not appear in the opening credits, but it was used on Olympics tournament episodes.
- At the beginning of this season, the audience can no longer be heard chattering before the show starts, when Johnny Gilbert said: "This is Jeopardy!". But the chattering was only used on Olympics tournament episodes.
- This is the last season, in which the contestants' names appeared onscreen in gold Korinna font.
- This is also the last season, in which Alex Trebek enters the Jeopardy! set. This season also marked the last time, the closing credits appeared in a white Korinna font, which had been in use since season 1.
- Johnny Gilbert did a slight variation on the Jeopardy! opening catchphrase, which is: "An official sponsor of the 1996 Olympic games, This is Jeopardy!. It was only used on Olympics tournament episodes.
- Beginning with this season, Jeopardy!, and its sister show, Wheel of Fortune moved to Sony Pictures Studios' Stage 11 in Culver City.
- On October 31, 1995 Halloween episode, Vanna White appeared in the clues for their "Halloween/Costume" category.
- The Senior Citizens Tournament was held for the last time in December of 1995.
- On the May 17, 1996, episode, the second final game of the 1996 Teen Tournament was to determine the overall winner between Derek Bridges and Amanda Goad. Derek had a high enough score going into Final Jeopardy! to wager for the win but mistakenly wagered for the tie, rather than the win. Both of them took home $31,200. Amanda Goad responded correctly and went on to become a 1996 Tournament of Champions semifinalist.
- An Olympics tournament is held from July 15, 1996, to July 18, 1996, followed by the last episode of the 12th season of Jeopardy!, which is the season finale, that aired on July 19, 1996.
- Season 12 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 4, 1995.
- Season 12 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 19, 1996.
- Summer reruns kicks off on July 22, 1996.