Season 17 (2000-2001)Edit
- Season 17 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 4, 2000.
- The main theme is truncated, and it had the first six seconds removed, by adding a wind blowing sound.
- This is also the last season, in which Jeopardy!, and its sister show, Wheel of Fortune were both presented in WebTV interactive.
- This is the last season of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune to be produced by Columbia TriStar Television. Columbia TriStar Domestic Television will be taking over production of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune in 2001.
- The opening credits have changed to a blue background with the Jeopardy! logo sliding out, and it was being formed on a yellow rectangle. The Jeopardy! logo zooms in by cutting through the "A" to reveal the 1996-2002 set.
- The categories for the Jeopardy! and Double Jeopardy! round segments now fade in Starting on the week of October 9th with the exception of the week of December 25th Kids Week and the week of October 16th.
- A wind blowing sound is used in the introduction at the start of this season, and it would remain in use until the April 20, 2001 episode.
- Starting with this season and continuing into today, Johnny Gilbert's introduction changed back to the classic opening catchphrase which is: "This is Jeopardy!" for episodes taped in Culver City.
- The contestants were now standing behind their podiums, rather than making their entrance in the first 16 seasons.
- Beginning with this season, Johnny Gilbert began using a rotation of catchphrases, such as: "Please welcome today's contestants" (Monday), "Introducing today's contestants" (Tuesday), "Here are today's contestants" (Wednesday), "Today's contestants are..." (Thursday), and "Let's meet today's contestants" (Friday).
- When the returning champion is introduced, his/her number of games won thus far is now shown onscreen.
- On November 3, 2000, eventual all-time money winner Brad Rutter is a five-time undefeated champion
- On the episodes, which aired on February 10, 2001, Celebrity Jeopardy! and the International Tournament are held at the Hilton in Las Vegas, Nevada. On these episodes, the 2001-2008 theme music debuted.
- April 20, 2001 marks the last time the 1997-2001 theme is used.
- On the episode aired April 23, 2001, the 2001-2008 theme is put permanently into use, and the wind blowing sound effect is removed from the introduction.
- The copyright notice is changed to a trademark notice, which continues to use it to this day.
- Season 17 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 20, 2001.
- Summer reruns kicks off on July 23, 2001.