Season 22 (2005-2006)
- The opening credits have changed to a navy blue background, with computer-animated floating "Q" and "A" letters, and many multiple colors of orange, brown, purple, and blue squares moving across the screen, with the golden Jeopardy! logo appearing.
- This is the last full season to have the 1998-2006 KingWorld "Star Shooter" logo, due to being replaced by the next logo; the final for the KingWorld era.
- This is the last season to be broadcast in 480i SDTV.
- For the "DAILY DOUBLE" and the "FINAL JEOPARDY!" names, the "DOUBLE" and "FINAL" in Double and Final Jeopardy!, the contestant intro and Final Jeopardy! winnings strips and the position strips in the credits are all changed to blue with yellow borders, and the contestant names and winnings counts are written in normal Compacta-D.
- The "VIDEO" and "AUDIO" in Video and Audio Daily Doubles are now written in a yellow script.
- Starting in the season premiere and continuing until the season 24 finale, the version of the theme with the saxophone and electric guitar riffs was used in the credits.
- The background for split-screen closing credits changed to floating Q's and A's in blue, making it match the background of this season's title card.
- Kelly Miyahara and Jon Cannon became clue crew members.
- Beginning with this season and continuing into the present, the set changes its background color to red when the lights go dark during the Final Jeopardy! segment.
- This is the last season where Lisa Finneran, Rocky Schmidt and Gary Johnson are senior producers.
- Season 22 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 12, 2005.
- David Madden's win streak ends on the September 19, 2005-episode after winning 19 games.
- By the November 28, 2005 episode, Oxford University Press again verifies materials for the show, which it continues to do to this day.
- On the January 6, 2006 episode, Jeopardy!'s YouTube channel launched.
- By the January 16, 2006 episode, the audio quality of the show is reasonably modified, making the ticking noise in the Final Jeopardy! "Think!" music sound less audible.
- On the October 10-14, 2005 episodes, Back to School Week is held.
- The College Championship was held at North Carolina State University and aired from November 7-18, 2005.
- The Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions was held in May 2006. It was the last time they used a logo different from the regular Jeopardy! logo used now.
- Unlike previous Tournament of Champions tournaments, the champions in the quarterfinal week was not in the order of how much money they have won in their initial appearances, but rather the order of their last names. This tradition would last until Season 28.
- On the May 12, 2006 episode, the 5,000th episode aired on this date.
- Season 22 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 28, 2006, which is not only the season finale, but it marks the last episode for Jeopardy! to be broadcast in 480i SDTV. And it was also the last time ever that Korinna is used on video clues and in the 30-second thinking period of Final Jeopardy!.
- Summer reruns air from July 31-September 8, 2006 with replacement fee plugs. Reruns later air on weekends from 2006-2007 and on Game Show Network under the GSN branding between 2009 and 2012.