Season 24 (2007-2008)[edit | edit source]
- The CBS Television Distribution logo made its first appearance on the September 27, 2007 episode, and made its last appearance on the January 15, 2021 episode. The logo consists of a blue studio backdrop with spotlights and moving clouds, and the CBS logo with "CBS Television Distribution" written next to it. The KingWorld "Star Shooter" music is heard for the logo's first appearance, but it was later changed to an orchestral fanfare.
- The opening credits have changed to a bluish-black starry night background, and a game board with orange lines forming the Jeopardy! logo. After that, the completed Jeopardy! logo is revealed in gold. Soon after, the game board dissolves, as an orange line quickly forms behind the Jeopardy! logo. In the last stretch, the Jeopardy! logo then zooms forward to reveal the 2002-2009 set.
- This is the both the last season to be distributed by KingWorld, and the first season to be distributed by CBS Television Distribution.
- This is the last season with the 2001-2008 theme and the 1997-2008 "Think!" music. However, the former is occasionally used in videos on the official Jeopardy! YouTube channel, and the latter can be heard on the J!6 game on the official Jeopardy! website.
- This is also the last season with the 1984-2008 dollar figure loading pattern and sound effect.
- The "DOUBLE" and "FINAL" in the Double and Final Jeopardy! cards are changed back to Impact; the "DOUBLE" now appears in gold, while the "FINAL" is reverted to a previous red coloration.
- The contestant introductions and Final Jeopardy! winnings indicators are changed to cyan strips, with black text in a font resembling Arial, appearing somewhat similar to the ones used in Season 20.
- The contestant introduction background resembles a blue grid.
- The split-screen background changed to the same blue starry background in the first full closing credit roll episode of the season, which is the season premiere, and the Sony Pictures Studios credit fades in on the center-right, then the split-screen still cuts back to the full-screen closing sequence.
- By the December 31, 2007 episode, the text on the right became larger, and the Sony Pictures Studios credit fades out after fading in before the closing sequence zooms in to fill the screen.
- Bob Sofia became a coordinating producer.
- Season 24 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 10, 2007.
- On early episodes of this season, the show was still distributed by KingWorld.
- On the November 13, 2007 episode, during the second semifinal game of the Tournament of Champions, there was a two-way tie at the end of the Final Jeopardy! round. Celeste answered the Tiebreaker question correctly and advanced to the finals, ultimately winning the Tournament of Champions.
- In May, Larissa Kelly became the highest winning female contestant in the show's history, until Julia Collins won 20 games in Season 30.
- On May 2, 2008, for the first time, a champion who was defeated on the last show returned, due to a pen malfunction.
- The College Championship was held at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and aired from May 5-16, 2008. This is the last time that the College Championship was held at a college campus.
- Season 24 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 25, 2008, which not only marks the season finale, but also the last time that the 2001-2008 theme, the 1997-2008 "Think!" music, and the 1984-2008 dollar figure loading sound effect are used.
- Summer repeats air from July 28 to September 6, 2008, with repeats later airing on weekends from September 13, 2008 to September 12, 2009.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.