Season 28 (2011-2012)
- The opening credits have changed to two golden doors opening diagonally to reveal a yellow and purple background, and a bird's eye view of the Jeopardy! logo coming from the top of the letters. Then, there are a flying grid and purple and red panels as the background changes its color to red and violet. The camera zooms out to reveal the Jeopardy! logo, with the timer lights going in the reverse direction. Finally, the Jeopardy! logo then zooms forward, revealing 2009-2013 set through the "A" like in Season 27.
- Alex walked onto the set from directly behind the game board, rather than the sliding doors, due to recovering from his injury on his right foot. He began sitting at his podium throughout the whole show and when revealing the Final Jeopardy! category.
- Starting with this season until the end of the Alex run, Alex sat at his podium, when the Final Jeopardy! category is revealed on the monitor, rather than standing in front of the game board in the first 27 seasons.
- During the last commercial break, the giant monitor displays the Final Jeopardy! category, and then, we cut to the clue.
- On early episodes of this season, Alex stood at his podium, and there was no chair.
- On the October 24, 2011 episode, Alex introduced the Jeopardy! Hall of Fame backstage.
- Beginning with the December 12, 2011 episode, Alex walked away from his podium on the Jeopardy! set to begin interviewing contestants, and when the Final Jeopardy! "Think!" music plays.
- Aleve sponsors the consolation prizes beginning the second week of this season; however, it is only seen on regular play.
- The closing credits have changed again to a different font, which would be in use until Season 33.
- Lisa Broffman became supervising producer.
- On the December 14, 2011 episode, 84-year-old Tampa native Shirley Smallwood attends the taping, thanks to Jeremy Bloom's Wish of a Lifetime Foundation.
- On the December 15, 2011 episode, Alex's wife Jean, 91-year-old mother Lucille, and cousin Dolores from Florida was featured in the audience.
- The closed captioning sponsor is announced right after the first commercial break, right before the Double Jeopardy! round, and right after the second commercial break.
- On episodes with a full closing credit roll, the split-screen backdrop is light blue with glitters.
- The copyright date gained a violet color scheme.
- Season 28 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 19, 2011.
- The 2011 Tournament of Champions airs November 2-15, 2011.
- In the first of the two-day finals, eventual champion Roger Craig uncovers both Daily Doubles in the Double Jeopardy! round, wagers all of his winnings on both, and gives correct responses each time.
- This was the first time that there were two tournaments in one month. This includes the College Championship, followed by the 2012-A Teachers Tournament; both tournaments combined are aired February 1–28, 2012.
- The weeks of May 7, 2012, and May 14, 2012, are taped at the DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C.
- May 7–11, 2012 is the semi-final and final matches of the Teen Tournament
- May 14–18, 2012 is Power Players Week.
- On the May 4, 2012 episode, during the last quarterfinal game in the 2012 Teen Tournament, in Double Jeopardy! leader Gabriela Gonzales wagered $8,000 instead of the minimum necessary $7,001 to cover second-place player Evan Eschliman, who apparently wagered $1,200. To have had an even $15,000 had he gotten the correct response in Final Jeopardy!, but ended up with $12,600 after his miss.
- To her misfortune, Gabriela's score was coincidentally the same after her miss and over wager.
- Evan buzzed in first with the correct response to advance to the semifinals, whereas Gabriela's score was insufficient to earn her a wildcard spot.
- On the Teen Tournament Finals Part 2 which aired on the May 11, 2012 episode, Teen Tournament Winner Elyse Mancuso sets the record of $79,600.
- This is also the first time the winner has won more than $75,000 in the Teen Tournament.
- As a matter of fact, all three finalists surpass their respective minimum guarantees.
- Season 28 of Jeopardy! wraps up on August 3, 2012.
- Summer reruns air from August 6-September 14, 2012, with reruns later airing on weekends from 2012-2013.