Season 31 (2014-2015)[edit | edit source]
- The opening credits have changed to a tower with all the dollar figures from the Jeopardy! and Double Jeopardy! segments fading into various photographs on a blue to pink sky background, with the Jeopardy! logo in gold on top of the tower. Finally, the Jeopardy! logo then zooms forward, in which the "A" reveals the 2013-present set.
- Aimee Seligstein, who played against Julia Collins last season, joined the Jeopardy! staff as a contestant coordinator sometime before the 2014 Tournament of Champions.
- Around this time, long-time contestant coordinator Robert James took a leave of absence from the show.
- The closed captioning sponsors includes not one, but two promos; before the Double Jeopardy! round.
- On the November 24, 2014 episode, after the 2014 Tournament of Champions, in the case of a two or three-way tie after Final Jeopardy!, tiebreakers are now applied into regular play. This occurred after ties resulted in co-champions four times in the first two months.
- This is both the last season with the co-champion rule in place and the first season with the tiebreaker rule in place.
- On episodes with a full closing credit roll, the split-screen backdrop is a blue and orange gradient space backdrop.
- Starting this season, the Sony logo appears on a black background, then a light flashes to reveal an edited version of the Sony Pictures Television logo. This also occurs with the sister show Wheel of Fortune. This would continue until the end of Season 36.
- Season 31 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 15, 2014.
- On early episodes of this season, the co-champion rule was still in place.
- On the October 30, 2014 episode, a game ended in a tie that resulted in co-champions for the last time. The other three instances were September 26, 2014, October 13, 2014, and October 28, 2014.
- The rematch was played between the tied contestants the following day for the last time. The other three instances were September 29, 2014, October 14, 2014, and October 29, 2014.
- The Tournament of Champions is held November 10–21, 2014
- In this season's Teachers Tournament, during the quarter-finals week, Johnny introduced the contestants by their occupation, location, and name instead of announcing a brief description, location, and name.
- For the 1st time this year, the College Championship has been canceled due to the cancellation of the online test.
- The same thing went for the Teen Tournament.
- From December 1-5, 2014, Kids Week is held for the last time.
- This event was dropped altogether after Season 31 because Gabby's mother was upset with Alex Trebek when telling her she was in the red before Final Jeopardy!, causing Gabby herself to come running backstage to her mother in tears.
- On the February 6, 2015 episode, the 7,000th episode aired on this date.
- On the March 12, 2015 episode, Kristin Sausville is the only contestant to play Final Jeopardy!, the fifth occurrence of a solo Final Jeopardy! in the syndicated history of the game show.
- From April 10-20, 2015, Alex Jacob becomes a six-time champion, accumulating $149,802.
- On the May 8, 2015 episode, the real 7,000th episode aired.
- From May 11-15, 2015, Celebrity Jeopardy! is held for the first time in five years, however, the event has been discontinued since 2010.
- Season 31 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 31, 2015.
- Summer reruns air from August 3, 2015, until the Friday before the next season premieres, with replacement fee plugs. Reruns later air on weekends from 2015-2016.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.