Season 33 (2016-2017)
- The opening credits have changed to a water-like museum, where many photographs are shown in glass cubes before the peach Jeopardy! logo reaches its destination at the end. Finally, the peach Jeopardy! logo then zooms forward, revealing the 2013-present set.
- There is a new sound effect for the dollar figures popping in on the game board until the present. It is also used for Saturday reruns of Season 32.
- This is the last full season where the contestants walked away from their podiums during the closing credits, due to the contestants staying at their podiums for the whole show in the next season.
- The gray border around the game board is now beveled.
- The Teen Tournament finals will have $100,000 for 1st place, $50,000 for 2nd place, and $25,000 for 3rd place. Eliminated semi-finalists will get $10,000 and eliminated quarter-finalists will get $5,000. It's the same cash payout format since the 2004 College Championship.
- Season 33 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 12, 2016.
- After a two-season hiatus, the Teen Tournament will be returning to the tournament rotation.
- For the Teen Tournament on November 9-22, 2016, all shows took place at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington D.C. They were taped during Season 32, and that's why they used the previous season's graphics on the game board. The font used for that tournament is Dom Casual.
- DAR Constitution Hall was the last time that Jeopardy! took the show on the road in the Alex Trebek era.
- On the December 13, 2016 episode, Cindy Stowell was one of the contestants the episode was taped on August 31, 2016. Stowell died of colon cancer eight days before that episode aired, on December 5, 2016.
- At the end of the December 21, 2016 episode, Alex pays tribute in memory of Cindy Stowell, who became the first champion to have died before the Tournament of Champions, and the only posthumous champion so far.
- The College Championship aired from February 13-24, 2017.
- The Teachers Tournament aired from May 8-19, 2017.
- Season 33 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 28, 2017.
- Summer reruns air from July 31, 2017, until the Friday before the next season premieres. Reruns later air on weekends from 2017-2018.
- The 2016 Teen Tournament was reran from July 31-August 11, 2017.
- The 2017 College Championship was reran from August 14-25, 2017.
- The 2017 Teachers Tournament was reran from August 28-September 8, 2017.