We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Season 34 (2017-2018)
- New opening sequence: various items have written responses, with game board designs behind them. We switch over to the silver Jeopardy! logo at the end, with the same game board design. Finally, the Jeopardy! logo zooms forward, revealing the 2013-present set.
- The font for the contestant introductions and Final Jeopardy winnings were changed to Helvetica starting with this season.
- Korinna came back to the closing credits starting with this season.
- This is the last season where Kevin McCarthy is the director as he retired after the season ended, with Clay Jacobsen taking over the next season.
- The copyright notice is changed to a header reading "FOLLOW US", with logos for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- A rule change that started on November 24, 2014, early in Season 31, if two or three regular contestants tie after the Final Jeopardy round, a tiebreaker-clue got played, if a contestant rings in the correct response, he or she is the champion. It occurred the first time on March 1, 2018.
- The Tournament of Champions returned in November after two years of absence.
- The dividers used during Final Jeopardy! are now retractable.
- On early episodes of this season, the contestants still walked away from their podiums during the closing credits.
- Starting with the October 9, 2017 episode, the contestants stayed at their podiums, meaning the contestants stayed at their podiums throughout the whole episode.
- On later episodes aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays, they don't have Johnny saying, "Promotional consideration provided by." For other weekdays, Johnny states: "Jeopardy! is also brought to you by."
- Season 34 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 11, 2017.
- On the September 26, 2017 episode, Austin Rogers makes his debut.
- On the October 6, 2017 episode, the contestants walked away from their podiums during the closing credits for the last time.
- Beginning with the October 9, 2017 episode, the contestants stayed at their podiums during the closing credits for the first time.
- From September 26-October 12, 2017, Austin Rogers, a bartender from New York City, New York, won $411,000 as a 12-day champion and was also a finalist in the Tournament of Champions this year.
- On the October 17, 2017, episode, Manny Abell, a Naval officer from Lacey, Washington, wins the game with $1, the second time it happened in Jeopardy! non-tournament history, and first since the January 19, 1993, episode. He also won with the lowest Coryat Score of all-time winners ($1,000).
- Due to Alex's brain surgery, the College Championship is delayed until early April.
- The Tournament of Champions aired from November 6-17, 2017.
- On the January 11, 2018 episode, Rebecca Zoshak invited back because of "clue discrepancy" on March 21, 2018, due to A poorly-worded Final Jeopardy! clue disadvantages for her, resulting in her being brought back later in the year.
- On the January 17, 2018 episode, Gilbert Collins finishes with a 5-day total of $84,201. His third game also reran on June 15, 2020.
- From January 19-26, 2018, Rachel Lindgren becomes another 5-day champion, accumulating $75,999 in total winnings. Among the returning champions so far, she is the last champion to earn less than $100,000. Her fifth game later reran on June 17, 2020.
- The February 1, 2018, episode, is the well-known incident of the category TALKIN' FOOTBALL being ignored until it's the last category remaining in the round with nobody buzzing in on any of the five clues. This episode also reran on June 18, 2020.
- Ryan Fenster first lost at 5th game on February 2, 2018 (third place), invited back because of "clue discrepancy" on July 17, 2018.
- On the February 22, 2018, Rob Worman finishes with a 6-day total of $133,900. His third game later reran on June 19, 2020.
- The March 1, 2018, episode marked the first time a tie-breaker clue was played during a regular game play in Final Jeopardy!.
- The College Championship aired from April 9-20, 2018.
- Dhurv Gaur wins the tournament. This episode also reran on June 16, 2020.
- The Teachers Tournament aired from May 7-18, 2018.
- Larry Martin, the champion for that tournament, suddenly died on January 25, 2019, eight months after winning the tournament, making Larry Martin the second champion and the only tournament champion so far to have died before the Tournament of Champions.
- On the May 25, 2018 episode, Josh Hill finishes with a 7-day total of $163,721. His fifth game later reran on June 23, 2020.
- On the July 13, 2018 episode, Contestant Vincent Valenzuela returned to the show in September 25, 2018 after initially appearing in first appearance when the producers determined that he had been disadvantaged by a Final Jeopardy! clue that displayed incorrectly in the studio. He is last return contestant due to difficulty.
- On the July 20, 2018 episode, Ryan Fenster becomes a 7-day champion, accumulating $156,497 in total winnings.
- Season 34 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 27, 2018.
- Summer reruns air from July 30, 2018, until the Friday before the next season premieres. Reruns later air on weekends from September 15, 2018 to September 7, 2019.
- The 2017 Tournament of Champions was repeated July 30-August 10, 2018.
- The 2018 College Championship was repeated from August 13-24, 2018.
- The 2018 Teachers Tournament was repeated from August 27-September 7, 2018.