Season 34 (2017-2018)[edit | edit source]
- The opening credits have changed to various items with written responses depending on the episode airs, and with game board designs behind them before switching over to the Jeopardy! logo at the end, also with a game board design behind it. Finally, the Jeopardy! logo zooms forward, in which the "A" reveals the 2013-present set.
- The font for the contestant introductions and Final Jeopardy winnings were changed to Helvetica starting with this season.
- Korinna came back to the closing credits starting with this season.
- This is the last season where Kevin McCarthy is the director as he retired after the season ended, with Clay Jacobsen taking over the next season.
- The copyright notice is changed to a header reading "Follow Us", with logos for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- A rule change that started on November 24, 2014, early in Season 31, if two or three regular contestants tie after the Final Jeopardy round, a tiebreaker-clue got played, if a contestant rings in the correct response, he or she is the champion. It occurred the first time on March 1, 2018.
- The Tournament of Champions returned in November after two years of absence.
- The dividers used during Final Jeopardy! are now retractable.
- Starting with this season, on the October 9, 2017 episode, the contestants no longer walked away from their podiums. They were now standing behind them during the closing credits.
- On later episodes aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays, they don't have Johnny saying "Promotional consideration provided by." For other weekdays, Johnny states: "Jeopardy is also brought to you by."
- Season 34 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 11, 2017.
- On early episodes of this season, the contestants still walked away from their podiums during the closing credits.
- On the October 17, 2017 episode, Manny Abell, a Naval officer from Lacey, Washington, wins the game with $1, the second time it happened in Jeopardy! non-tournament history, and first since the January 19, 1993 episode.
- Austin Rogers, a bartender from New York City, New York, won $411,000 as a 12-day champion and was also a finalist in the Tournament of Champions this year.
- Due to Alex's brain surgery, the College Championship is delayed until early April.
- The Tournament of Champions aired from November 6-17, 2017.
- The March 1, 2018 episode marked the first time a tie-breaker clue was played during a regular game play in Final Jeopardy!.
- The College Championship aired from April 9-20, 2018.
- The Teachers Tournament aired from May 7-18, 2018. Larry Martin, the champion for that tournament, suddenly passed away on January 25, 2019, less than one year after winning the tournament, making Larry Martin the second champion and the only tournament champion so far to have died before the Tournament of Champions.
- Season 34 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 27, 2018.
- Summer reruns air from July 30, 2018, until the Friday before the next season premieres. Reruns later air on weekends from 2018-2019.
- The 2017 Tournament of Champions was repeated July 30-August 10, 2018.
- The 2018 College Championship was repeated from August 13-24, 2018.
- The 2018 Teachers Tournament was repeated from August 27-September 7, 2018.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.