Season 4 (1987-1988)[edit | edit source]
- The category cards go from having a blue neon light outline to being backlit in light blue.
- The opening credits remains the same as the rest of Season 3.
- The Jeopardy! logo is changed to curved letters, and the Jeopardy! logo is changed to a shorter exclamation mark. The title card for segments changed its color to an aquamarine-blue gradient, with the more familiar Jeopardy! logo in white and the "DOUBLE" and "FINAL" in Double and Final Jeopardy! in red.
- On the November 13, 1987, episode, this episode consists all of the Jeopardy! segment categories that begin with the letter "A" and all of the Double Jeopardy! segment categories that begin with the letter "T", referencing Alex Trebek.
- From January 25, 1988, until the February 5, 1988 episode, during the closing credits, the Final Jeopardy! logo flashes on the game board's monitors instead of the show's logo.
- The color scheme for the Daily Double title card has changed its color to red text on a gold background with a blue banner.
- At the beginning of this season, George Vosburgh became producer, when Alex hosted Classic Concentration on NBC.
- Later, in the second half of this season, the byline changes, making it read "A unit of Columbia Pictures Entertainment, Inc.", is orange and the same font used for the aforementioned Merv Griffin text, instead of italics under the Merv Griffin Enterprises logo.
- At the start of this season, verification of questions is provided by Facts on File.
- The copyright card is the same as the rest of Season 2 and all of Season 3.
- Season 4 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 7, 1987.
- A full credit roll is featured at the end of the episode Cheryl/Michael/Ron in 1988.
- All the contestants in the Tournament of Champions are men.
- Bob Verini, won the Tournament of Champions by a margin of $1 trailing Dave Traini who was in second place in the 2nd final game.
- On the July 5, 1988, episode, Kevin Frear sets a new one-day record of $27,800.
- Season 4 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 22, 1988.
- Summer reruns air from July 25-September 2, 1988. Reruns later air from 1988-1989 on weekends in all markets and weekdays in only some markets in addition to first-run episodes of the next season.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.