Season 5 (1988-1989)Edit
- Season 5 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 5, 1988.
- The opening credits remains the same as the rest of Season 3.
- Starting with this season, the 1984-1992 Jeopardy! theme song had the first 19 seconds removed.
- This is the last season where Alex Trebek didn't wear any glasses.
- On early episodes of this season, the copyright card is the same as the rest of Season 2, and all of both Seasons 3, and 4. On later episodes of this season, the copyright card has changed its color to the shrunken Jeopardy! logo in gold, with backgrounds varying depending on the episode.
- Mark Lowenthal won the Tournament of Champions.
- Stock footage from the January 30, 1989 episode was featured in the 1992 film Breaking the Rules
- On the December 30, 1988 episode, the 1,000th episode aired on this date.
- On the May 8, 1989 episode, the Jeopardy! College Championship made its debut.
- Season 5 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 21, 1989, with the Senior Citizens Tournament.
- From there until Season 11, each season wrapped up with the Senior Citizens Tournament.
- Summer reruns air from July 24-September 1, 1989. Reruns later air from 1989-1990 on weekends in all markets and weekdays in only some markets in addition to first-run episodes of the next season.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.