Season 6 (1989-1990)Edit
- The category cards have a more rectangular shaped look, as opposed to previous seasons.
- This is the last season to have the KingWorld "Stars and Stripes" logo.
- Alex Trebek started wearing glasses in this season.
- Stock footage from the March 16, 1990 episode was featured in the 1992 film Breaking the Rules.
- The short-lived Super Jeopardy! debuted in the summer of 1990, and the Jeopardy! set consisted of four contestant podiums, instead of three. The short-lived Super Jeopardy! ended that same year in 1990.
- Season 6 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 4, 1989.
- On the September 12, 1989, episode, Bob Blake sets a new five-day winnings record of $82,501.
- In the November 1989 episode, Tom Cubbage was the only college winner to win the Tournament Of Champions.
- On the January 15, 1990 episode, Frank Spangenberg sets a new one-day record of $30,600 and a new 5-day winnings record of $102,597.
- For some reason, on the May 5, 1990, episode, the contestants are seen standing next to their contestant podiums. However, they couldn't do that until Season 17.
- Season 6 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 20, 1990.
- Summer reruns kicks off on July 23, 1990.