Season 7 (1990-1991)[edit | edit source]
- Shortly after the start of this season, the lights started to go dark during the Final Jeopardy! segment, as the contestants started writing their final responses. This was carried over from Super Jeopardy!.
- This season is both the last season to have the 1984-1990 KingWorld "Stars and Stripes" logo, and the first season to have the 1990-1998 KingWorld "Spotlights" logo.
- This is the last season to use the 1985-1991 Jeopardy! set, with its last appearance on the 7th season finale episode, which aired on July 19, 1991. Some changes to the set for this season include:
- The carpet/Plexiglas floor has a grayer look to it.
- The circles underneath the contestant podiums are removed.
- The blue parts of the contestant podiums are given new paint jobs.
- The white outline around the contestants' score displays changed its color to a thicker silver outline; this outline was seen during the Super Jeopardy! tournament with a marble textured look.
- Early in the season, the Daily Double card was set in blue. A month into this season, it became red, and all subsequent Daily Double graphics had a red background from here until them end of season 14.
- The copyright card is changed to a rotation of red and blue. "All Rights Reserved" began appearing in the copyright card for the first time since 1984.
- On early episodes of the season, the copyright card had a coral colored upside down triangle with the black Jeopardy! logo on the banner; a similarly-designed logo was used for the show's 10th anniversary logo in 1993.
- The 1984-1990 KingWorld "Stars and Stripes" logo was still used on early episodes of this season.
- After both Bob Blake and Frank Spangenberg had exceed the $75,000 winnings limit and forced to donate the excess winnings to charity the previous season, the contestant winnings cap is increased to $100,000 this season.
- Season 7 of Jeopardy! kicks off on September 3, 1990.
- On the October 30, 1990 and October 31, 1990 episodes, a full credit roll is shown two days in a row.
- In the November, 1990 episode, Bob Blake won the Tournament of Champions.
- During the Seniors Tournament, a quarterfinal match ended with a triple zero finish. In that event, only 4 winners became automatic semi-finalists and there were 5 wild card spots instead of 4.
- Season 7 of Jeopardy! wraps up on July 19, 1991.
- Summer reruns air from July 22-August 30, 1991, with reruns later airing on weekends from 1991-1992.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.